by Melinda Stenger, Pet Lifestyle Expert
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Makes: 6 servings
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ cup water
- (For a grain free version, substitute almond flour and eliminate the water.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray mini-loaf pan with non-stick coating.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool. Remove from pan when cooled.
- Cut into six even slices and serve.
- Optional: Make a pumpkin-shaped topper by using cream cheese or yogurt in a pumpkin mold and freeze for one hour.)
Oh my dog, did you know that Ginger has many health benefits for dogs?
Ginger can settle an upset tummy in dogs, can ease canine arthritis, and
may even help prevent cancer!
Neither Melinda nor CincyPet Magazine are veterinary experts and as such you should always consult your vet before introducing anything new into your pet’s diet.