This quick and easy-to-make shamrock smoothie is the perfect fresh, healthy treat for your pup just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. No complicated ingredients or cooking involved.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup of fresh pineapple
- 1 small banana
- ½ cup coconut milk (cream and liquid)
- teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 ice cubes
- dollop of Greek yogurt
- Add all ingredients to blender except for Greek yogurt.
- Blend until smooth. (If mixture is too thick, add some water.)
- Pour into serving dish(es). Add a dollop of Greek yogurt and serve.
TIP: Pour leftovers into an ice cube tray and freeze for later.
Serve to your dog and let the enjoyment begin!
Did You Know?
Just as ginger can be beneficial to humans, dogs can benefit from it too. Not only does ginger help with nausea, but it can soothe an upset tummy by decreasing gas and bloating. It may also have anti-inflammatory properties benefitting dogs with hip and joint pain. Ginger is an antioxidant and may also help dogs with cognitive dysfunction. As always, check with your veterinary professional before introducing new foods into your dog’s diet.