HART, the Homeless Animal Rescue Team of Cincinnati, is conducting a shoe drive to raise funds for the dogs and cats under their care, awaiting forever homes. HART will earn funds based on the total weight of the shoes collected as Funds2Orgs will purchase all of the donated footwear—and 100% of those dollars will directly benefit the HART animals!
The fundraiser will run thru October 31. Please drop off your unwanted gently worn/new/used pairs of shoes and boots of any size/style—including cleats, golf, and bowling shoes!—at any of these locations.:
- County Animal Hospital – 1185 Reading Road, Mason 45040 (during business hours)
- Doggie Paddles, LLC – 10248 Dixie Hwy., Florence, KY 41042 (during business hours)
- Doyle Residence – 7176 Zenith Court, Liberty Twp. 45011 (leave on the porch)
- Goodpaster Residence – 797 Canute Court, Maineville 45039 (leave on the porch)
- Illuminate Family & Cosmetic Dentistry – 11333 Springfield Pike, Cincinnati 45246 (Mon. & Fri. 7 am-2 pm; Tues., Wed. & Thur., 8 am-5 pm)
- Maier Residence – 5264 Ralph Avenue, Cincinnati 45238 (leave on the porch)
- The Healthy Bee (formerly Monroe Nutrition) – 117 South Main St., Monroe 45050 (during business hours)
The only requirement is that shoes be a complete pair in a wearable condition with no holes, broken zippers, etc.
Drive-thru collections will also be held on October 9, October 16, and October 30, from 10 a.m. until noon, in the County Animal Hospital parking lot.
HART’s inaugural shoe drive in 2021 was a huge success, collecting over 3,400 pairs of shoes and boots! All donated shoes will be redistributed throughout the Funds2Orgs network of micro-enterprise partners in developing nations, helping impoverished individuals start, maintain, and grow small businesses, earning money to feed, clothe and house their families and support their communities. Your donations will make a difference in people’s lives and will help support the work HART does across our communities.
HART STANDS FOR HOMELESS ANIMAL RESCUE TEAM.
HART’s mission is to rescue homeless animals, saving them from euthanization, abandonment, and abuse with the goal of placing them in forever homes. For more information visit www.rescueahart.org.